TLDR: We are asking for between $10,000 and $20,000 USD to incorporate Fingerprints Autoglyphs collection into the Night Run video game which will be released for free for all to play on Steam.
What Is Night Run: a conceptual art project that incorporates a night time motorcycle video game, an NFT collection about imaginary AI powered fashion houses and a video documentation series providing a behind the scenes view of the creative process.
Website with more info: https://www.nightrun.art/
View the proposal with images and links (removed in order to post on Discourse forum): Finger Prints DAO - Night Run Integration Proposal - Google Docs
Example of production ready game visuals with both 2D and 3D HeavenComputer artwork
Night Run YouTube Playlist (see Google doc above, links removed by forum)
WIP collection selector screen for token holders in prototype game build
Showcase the fingerprints DAO AutoGlyphs collection in a new and interesting way:
- Adding the Fingerprints Autoglyph collection to the Night Run game as one of the collections that owners of Night Run tokens can add to their curated routes through the generative city.
- Integrate Autoglypes as 2D billboards in the game
- Create 3D interpretations of the Autoglyphs floating in the sky of the city in the style of aerial drone art
- Feature the process of building the feature and collaborating with the Fingerprints DAO in our YouTube documentary series about the project
- Fingerprints as sponsor: If desired, Fingerprints could be credited as a sponsor of the game on the game’s title screen and marketing materials
- Proposal (you are here)
- Reach agreement with Fingerprints team on funding for the project and terms
- 2D Billboards:
- Incorporate 2D Autoglyphs into the Night Run game by placing them on billboards which appear as you drive through the procedurally generated city
- 3D Feature Integration
- Develop the technology needed to render Autoglyphs as “ASCII drone art” in the sky of the game, displaying randomized selections from the DAO collection
- Documentation Video:
- A professionally produced YouTube video that documents the creative process behind the feature, shares some history about Fingerprints and explains how the collection came to be in Night Run
Timeline: The timeline for the feature development is 4-6 weeks from the funding date. The video will be delivered two weeks after the feature is complete. Both will be “built in public” via the Thousand Ant and Fingerprints Discords (if desired).
Benefits for Fingerprints:
- This is a unique opportunity to showcase the Fingerprints Autoglyph collection in a realtime environment that is open to the public for free
- Fingerprints members who are interested in game development will get a front row seat for the process, the chance to ask questions and learn what goes into making a modern 3D game
- Fingerprints DAO gets privileged access to mint Night Run tokens during a presale period (if desired)
What will the video look and feel like?: The video will include a mixture of on camera footage of Matto talking, footage of the game and graphics. There are examples of other devlog videos in the series here (see Google doc above for link, removed by forum)
The Team: Thousand Ant is a digital agency with a focus on realtime 3D and game development. We work with organizations like Unity Technologies, Google, Microsoft, Terraforms by Mathcastles and JuiceboxDAO to help them create games, animations and educational content to inspire developers and creators.
Matto (aka Matt Schell) is the Managing Director of Thousand Ant and a generative artist working with code, realtime visuals and procedural audio. He’s released music for respected labels like Warp Records and also formerly served as the global head of online evangelism for Unity Technologies. He is a community contributor to web3 projects including Terraforms by Mathcastles. Thousand Ant has recently released our own first two NFT collections: Hypercastle Explorers, a project which is building a game engine SDK for Terraforms and The Idea Becomes A Machine, an AI mediated exploration of the work of Sol LeWitt with robots from the future.
Suspicious Seaweed (aka Tom Schell) is the Head of Operations for Thousand Ant.
Funds Requested: $10,000 - 20,000 USD (or ETH equivalent)
Funds allocation & delivery
The majority of funds will be spent on developer and technical artist salaries for the time period of building the integration
A portion of funds will be used to pay for dev log video production costs
We normally operate on a 50% up front and 50% upon completion basis but are open to other milestone based structures if desired.