🍹 Proposal: NFT exhibition + Cocktail reception in Brazil

Link for the temperature check on Discord :link:

Intro

Last year FP “physically manifested” in the US (NFT NYC, Art Basel); more recently in Dubai (Art Dubai). We haven’t yet done an event of our own.
This proposal aims to (1) increase awareness and cultural value of our collection, (2) strengthen ties w/ Brazilian stakeholders (crypto/tradart/media worlds) and (3) generate content for our social channels.
Brazil is home to many founding members of the DAO, and offers lower costs than the US.

Proposal

To host a one-night exhibition of selected FP NFTs + cocktail reception.
In São Paulo, Brazil.
For 50-80 attendees, intimate vibe.
Every Fingerprints member will be granted 2 invites beyond his/her own. Rest of attendees will be key people in the Brazilian market.

gifp
Pics from an event I did last year of similar size to this

Date

Between Artblocks’ Marfa event (12/Nov) and Art Basel (4/Dec).
~6PM to ~1AM.

Venue

TBD - option 1, option 2, option 3

Financials

The cost to Fingerprints will be 14.5 ETH. This shall pay for:

• Venue rental (4 ETH)
  • Food & drinks (3 ETH)
  • VJ, DJ, decoration & scenography (5 ETH)
  • PR person + Event producer (2 ETH)
  • Photos + videos (0.5 ETH)

Production will be handled by an event producer under my direction. If any unforeseen costs arise, they’ll be covered by me. Paradigma Education (company of which I’m a partner of) shall assist with fiat logistics + contribute personnel, as a production partner.

If ETH dips significantly ($1.3k now), these costs will be adjusted before final Snapshot vote.

Exhibition

The idea is to present visitors with a brief history of crypto-art as they enter the venue, culminating with an assortment of FP NFTs as “stars of this timeline”.
The exhibition will make use of physical media (e.g. framed large-scale printed Glyphs), projections (e.g. Terraforms) and digital media (e.g. screens displaying Avid Lines pieces along with their “origin Glyphs”).
All pieces shall accompany a small museum-like tag/explainer.

Narrative, layout plan & final selection of pieces will be presented in the #curation-committee Discord channel to gather feedback and get a green light before production starts.

Deliverables

A joyful night;
Press coverage of the event (at a minimum in 3 crypto media outlets; hopefully a few tech/art vehicles too);
An edited ~30s clip with highlights of the exhibition;
100-200 pictures;
Small souvenirs for attendees to take home (e.g. Loot-themed napkins, Jims-printed candies).

Please leave feedback below :point_down:

Do you agree that we should move forward with this plan? (Snapshot vote shall follow)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I like the event idea, but I’m not sure the about the cost involved, as the reach is local, not global.

some genuine questions in my mind:

• can we partner with other communities (like nouns, or other DAOs) to help to fund the event? Is a partnership desired, since it will dilute the fingerprints presence?
  • are paid tickets an option?
  • which long term assets/opportunities can we extract from the event? Can we leverage it with future marketing campaigns, NFT sells, or something like that?

Hey @Felipe – first of all, great initiative! I think this proposal for an event should be seen as a great framework for how event proposals could be done.

Clear, concise, direct to the point but full of important information.

I think we could try to get to a format where we bring the cost down a bit by partnering with other communities (as @renatoshira suggested) and/or finding some additional sponsors. We could either go full web3 and partner with an organization like Nouns or we could try to find partners/co-hosts in the local art world (I know some galleries could be interested in lending their space to us for example)

I think the best way forward would be to form a small working group to hash out these details and update the proposal. But I do think Fingerprints-focused events in SP and NYC (cities where we have the largest member base) are really something we should be doing.

2 Likes

Great points,

• What would be a reasonable cost for FP to incur for a ‘local’ event? Maybe easier to go backwards from that, and find partners to fill the gap or adapt the event format.

• From what I’ve sensed there’s appetite for local communities to share good part of these costs - up to the entirety of them if we want to actually seek sponsorships. The more entities involved, the higher the brand dilution. But, if well chosen, such partners can be positive for the final outcome.

• Re: “assets to extract from the event”, one thing that comes to mind is the opportunity to experiment with IRL mints (stuff à lá Bright Moments, which is an interesting potential partner btw). That goes way beyond the scope I originally thought here. Agree that this proposal merits a rethink. Probably a good idea to archive it while we hash out the idea further.

1 Like

I agree here. I feel that FP has a good potential to create this event as a Fingerprints event and bring the partners as sponsors. I believe that there’s interest from several companies from the web3 space to get closer to the FP members and also hit an international projection. They know that having access to FP they also have indirect access to key people in the space (and top-tier funds)

Another advantage is that every partner/sponsor would make their own efforts to leverage their presence through social media and traditional media outlets

So, I think it’s even possible to have the event at no cost, but around 5 ETH I would feel a lot more comfortable (ofc this is my personal view)

I would love to hear the feedback from other members as well

2 Likes

Great initiative! I’m in!

1 Like

I support the event at this price level.